Where To Download, How To Install Hibernate
Let us see what are the jar files we need to download to work with hibernate framework, and how to install.
Working with the framework software is nothing but, adding the .jar(s) files provided by that framework to our java application. Each framework software is not an installable software, it means we do not contain any setup.exe
When we download any framework software, we will get a ‘zip‘ file and we need to unzip it, to get the jar files required, actually all framework softwares will follow same common principles like…
- Framework software will be in the form of a set of jar files, where one jar file acts as main (We can call this file as core) and remaining will acts as dependent jar files.
- Each Framework software contain at least one configuration xml file, but multiple configuration files also allowed.
- In this case, in order to setup the Hibernate framework environment into a java application, the configuration file is the first one to be loaded into a java application, will see about this in later sessions.
Where to download Hibernate .jar(s) files:
we can download jars related to hibernate at
- From the above URL choose hibernate 3.2.2-ga.zip, as we are in initial stage this version will be better.
- Unzip it, and now you can find some jar files in the lib folder right..?, actually we doesn’t require all the jar files, out of them just select the following jar files..
- These are the main jar files to run hibernate related programming and among all the jars hibernate3.jar is the main file, but for annotation we need to add 4 – 6 other jar files, i will let you when time comes.
- Remember: along with the hibernate jars we must include one more jar file, which is nothing but related to our database, this is depending on your database.
- So finally we need total of 12 jar files to run the hibernate related program.