Methods in javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet
As we discussed in the earlier articles, we should extend our servlet class with HttpServlet abstract class in order to get protocol dependent [http] services. When ever we make request to the servlet the following methods will be called automatically by the container.
- Container first calls public Service() method
- Public Service() method internally calls protected service method
- Protected Service() method will internally calling doGet() or doPost() [ i mean doXxx() methods, its depends on the type of http method used by the client ]
- If the client is not specifying the type of Http method then Http protocol by default consider GET method, so finally the client request is processed at doGet() method
- In general when we are developing any servlets we must take a user defined class are it must extends HttpServlet and override either doGet() or doPost() or Both.
You Might Also Like
♦ About Author ♦